Workers Compensation Board of Prince Edward Island

File Your Claim

Click HERE to report your injury and file your claim.

A workplace injury or illness is considered to be one that:
  • Happens at work.
  • Requires medical treatment.
  • May or may not result in time off work.
If you experience a workplace injury or illness, make sure you get the medical attention you need. Then, as soon as possible, report the injury to your employer and to the WCB by filing your claim. If you have a Health and Safety committee or representative at work, you should also notify them of the incident.

To report an injury to the WCB, you must complete the Worker's Report (Form 6) and send it to the WCB. If you are unable to download this form, you can get a printed copy from your employer or from the WCB.

Please note that a Worker's Report must be completed whether or not the injury or illness results in time off work.

When completing your Worker's Report,
  • Fill in the form with as much detail as possible.
  • Remember to sign the form. If you are submitting your form by email, you can type in your name in the fillable form as your signature.
  • Please do not leave the original form with your employer. Submit the original Worker's Report directly to the WCB by email, mail, drop off or fax.
Workers Compensation Board of PEI
PO Box 757
14 Weymouth St
PE C1A 7L7

Fax: 902-368-5696

A signed Worker's Report is required to make a decision on your claim, and it must be received within six (6) months from the date of accident.

If you need assistance with your Worker's Report, we can help. Please contact us.

The WCB also requires information about your injury from your health care provider. Be sure to tell your health care provider that you were hurt at work.

Sometimes when an injury occurs, it may initially seem minor, but there may be complications that develop later on. Proactively filing a Worker’s Report ensures that there is a record of the incident in case there is a need for further treatment and medical care later on.

Filing a Worker's Report also contributes to a culture of workplace safety. It allows the WCB to track the types of workplace incidents that occur and work with Island employers and workers to prevent future injuries.

Click HERE to report your injury and file your claim.

Request for a Claim to be Re-opened

A worker may also request that a claim be reopened based on ongoing symptoms or a return of symptoms related to a workplace injury. To request that a claim be re-opened, contact us.

If you are requesting a claim be re-opened, you must inform your employer that you are doing so, and you must seek further medical attention. Please contact the WCB if you are having ongoing issues related to a previous workplace injury.

A decision to re-open a claim or not will rely on medical evidence supporting the relationship between the previous injury and the current symptoms.

More information about reporting an injury is available in the WCB's Information for Workers Filing a Claim, Information for Workers booklet and claims policies.

If you can't find what you are looking for, please contact us.