Workers Compensation Board of Prince Edward Island


The WCB is committed to making decisions that are fair and objective, and that comply with policy and legislation.

If you do not understand or agree with a decision, you are encouraged to contact the staff person at the WCB who made the decision. Most concerns can be resolved this way. If the matter is not resolved, a request for internal reconsideration can be made. This is the initial step in the appeal process.

Requests for internal reconsideration may be submitted for decisions related to:
  • A worker's claim.
  • Employer assessments and classification.
Internal reconsideration requests can be made by a person who has a direct interest in the decision in question.

Requests for internal reconsideration must be submitted to the WCB, in writing, within 90 days of the date of the decision.

To request reconsideration of a decision, complete the Request for Internal Reconsideration form and submit it to the WCB.

More information about the WCB internal reconsideration process is available in the WCB's: If you have any questions, or would like copies of the forms or publications, please contact:

        WCB Internal Reconsideration Office


        902-368-5680 or toll-free 1-800-237-5049 in Atlantic Canada


If you disagree with a decision made in the internal reconsideration process, you can file an appeal with the Workers Compensation Appeal Tribunal (WCAT). More information about the WCAT appeal process is available on the WCAT website.

Access to Information

Employers are entitled to access to claim information relevant to the reconsideration issue. You may request access using the form, Employer's Request for Worker Claim File and Authorization.

You may request employer assessment information from your employer file in writing to the WCB Employer Services or by telephone at 902-368-5680.

Click here to learn more about the WCB's policies on access to information.

Assistance with Appeals

If you have questions or require assistance with your appeal, please contact us.

The PEI Department of Workforce, Advanced Learning and Population also has an Employer Advisor who provides free services to help you with your appeal.